ISOO Newsletter Archive
Read the latest edition of the ISOO Newsletter.
- ISOO Newsletter - Thursday, 1 April 2021
- ISOO Newsletter - Friday, 1 April 2022
- ISOO Newsletter - Friday, 1 January 2021
- ISOO Newsletter - Tuesday, 1 September 2020
- ISOO Newsletter - Wednesday, 29 July 2020
- ISOO Newsletter - Friday, 8 May 2020
- ISOO Newsletter - Monday, 1 April 2019
- ISOO Newsletter - Saturday, 1 December 2018
- ISOO Newsletter - Wednesday, 1 August 2018
- ISOO Newsletter - Friday, 1 June 2018
- ISOO Newsletter - Thursday, 1 February 2018
- ISOO Newsletter - Wednesday, 1 November 2017
- ISOO Newsletter - Friday, 1 September 2017
- ISOO Newsletter - Monday, 1 May 2017
- ISOO Newsletter - Thursday, 1 December 2016
- ISOO Newsletter - Monday, 1 August 2016
- ISOO Newsletter - Friday, 1 April 2016
- ISOO Newsletter - Tuesday, 1 December 2015
- ISOO Newsletter - Saturday, 1 August 2015
- ISOO Newsletter - Wednesday, 1 April 2015
- ISOO Newsletter - Thursday, 1 January 2015
Study Group News
New Oral Care Education Materials
The International Society of Oral Oncology (ISOO), the Oral Care Study Group and members of MASCC have created four multilingual Fact Sheets and an Oral and Nutritional Care Education Video Storyboard that provide instructions for patients undergoing chemotherapy or head-and-neck radiation therapy.
These materials provide instructions on caring for the mouth during active chemotherapy, and on self-care before, during, and after head-and-neck radiation. The Fact Sheets, based on systematic reviews, guidelines, and up-to-date, evidenced-based recommendations, are available in 18 languages.
MASCC Study Group Chairs Leading Study on Oral Complications of Radiotherapy
Dr. Michael Brennan and Dr. Raj Lalla are the Co-Principal Investigators of an NIH-funded study, Treatment Outcomes from Head and Neck Cancer Therapies. An award of $8 million was made, in 2012, to Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS) to conduct a multi-center study.
The research team is studying dental and oral medicine outcomes among patients who have received high-dose radiation to the head and neck region. These outcomes include a permanent decrease in saliva production (hyposalivation) and impaired healing of bone around the teeth (osteoradionecrosis), adverse effects with a major impact on quality of life and risk for further dental complications.
Dr. Brennan is the current President of the International Society of Oral Oncology and recently served as the Chair of the Oral Care Study Group of MASCC. Dr Lalla is the current Chair of the MASCC Mucositis Study Group and also is a MASCC Board Member.
Oral Care Surveys
Your responses help inform our research. Your identity will remain anonymous, strictly confidential and all information will be used for statistical analyses only.Learn more
© Copyright . ISOO All Rights Reserved. Site designed by OvertheAtlantic.com (Canada)ota.studio